This content is from connectsafely.org:
What is Digital Wellness?
A school culture of digital wellness certainly includes discussions of good citizenship, and it also encourages members of the community to consider technological and digital influences on other areas of overall digital health including:
- physical: rejuvenating sleep, consistent exercise, eye health
- cognitive : harnessing opportunities to learn, passive and active screen use, ability to focus and concentrate
- emotional: creation and maintenance of quality relationships, connection and escapism
- community: being a good digital citizen, posting and sharing accurate information, making the internet a more positive place, purposeful activism
Gallagher, K 2021, What is Digital Wellness, connectsafely.org, <https://www.connectsafely.org/what-is-digital-wellness>.
Helpful Links for Families:
- LPS ONLINE SAFETY HUB (supported by LineWize)
- Common Sense Media: Parenting, Media, and Everything in Between