Littleton Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
The Littleton SEPAC is a group of parents working collaboratively with teachers, administrators, and community members to build supportive educational environments where students with disabilities can have access to the same educational opportunities as their non-disabled peers.
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Littleton Special Education Parent Advisory Council is to create understanding, support, respect, and appropriate education for all children with special needs in our community.
HOW SEPAC HELPS: SEPAC provides a network of resources and support for parents of students with disabilities in Littleton. Some of those supports include:
- Offering advice parent-to-parent about navigating SPED services in Littleton and what to do if you think your child has a disability
- Providing informational forums to parents, educators, and community members in order to broaden their understanding of the spectrum of disabilities
- Helping parents and guardians to understand special education laws, IEPs, 504s, and other available support services
- Collaborating with school administrators, teachers, and school committee to continually improve the educational opportunities available that promote positive educational outcomes for children with disabilities
Please join us… Membership is free and open to the public.
The Littleton Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) will host a basic rights workshop on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at the Littleton High School library from 6 to 8 p.m. The workshop, led by The Federation for Children with Special Needs will focus on Turning Three Essentials.
Agenda items will include:
- What are the differences between early intervention (EI) and special education?
- What are the transition steps from early intervention to special education services?
- What is the special education process and how is eligibility decided?
- What are your options if you disagree with the outcome?
The workshop is free for parents, guardians, caretakers, and professionals. Please join us!