Director of Teaching and Learning
District Curriculum Reports
Due to closures during the spring of 2020, the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education waived MCAS assessments. MCAS will resume during the 2020-2021 school year.
The Growth Model – Student Growth Percentiles (SGPs)
- Student Growth Percentiles (SGPs) complement the MCAS year-by-year test scores. They measure change in achievement over time rather than grade-level achievement results in any one year. Growth scores are available for schools, districts, and students taking the standard MCAS test in grades 4-8 and 10 in English language arts and mathematics.
- Each student’s rate of change is compared to other students with a similar test score history (“academic peers”). Consequently, SGPs provide a way to measure growth at all performance levels.
DESE Links for The Growth Model
- Tutorial on Understanding Growth on the MCAS
- Parent Report
- Student Growth Percentiles – Frequently Asked Questions
NWEA (MAP) Information
- Due to closures during the spring of 2020, LPS did not participate in spring MAP Growth Assessments. We will resume MAP Growth Assessments for the 2020-2021 school year. You may find more information in this letter.
- NWEA MAP Growth Presentation 2019
Home & School Connection Monthly Newsletter