To ensure that all citizens who wish to speak to the committee have the opportunity and to insure the committee is able to conduct the district's business in an orderly manner, the following rules and procedures are adopted:
1. Citizens will be heard at the interested citizens position of the agenda.
2. Citizens may also be heard on specific issues at other points on the agenda with approval of the Chairperson.
3. Speakers will be allowed three (3) minutes to present their material. The presiding chairperson may permit extension of this time limit.
4. Topics for discussion must be limited to those items listed on the School Committee meeting agenda for that evening.
5. Improper conduct and remarks will not be allowed. Defamatory or abusive remarks are always out of order. If a speaker persists in improper conduct or remarks, the chairperson may terminate that individuals privilege of address.
6. All remarks will be addressed through the chairperson of the meeting.
7. Speakers may offer such objective criticism of the school operations and programs as concern them, but in public session the committee will not hear personal complaints of school personnel nor against any member of the school community. Under most circumstances, administrative channels are the proper means for disposition of legitimate complaints involving staff members.
8. Written comments longer than three (3) minutes may be submitted to the committee before or after the meeting for the committee member's review and consideration at an appropriate time.
The School Committee appreciates your assistance in helping it discharge its duties properly.
Littleton Public School's
Energy Management and
It is the policy of the Littleton Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its educational programs, services, activities or employment practices. Further information may be obtained by contacting Dianna Peterson, District Equity Coordinator at 978-540-2500,
Our mission is to foster a community of learners who strive for excellence and prepare each student to be a successful, contributing citizen in a global society.